We all know how important it is to eat fish but we also know a lot of us struggle to ensure we eat the recommended 2 portions of fish a week, one of which should be oily, especially with fussy eaters in the family.
Why not try these super simple healthy salmon fishcakes.
- 3 salmon fillets (skinless and boneless)
- 400g white floury potatoes such as Maris Piper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley (chopped finely)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 50g plain flour
- 50g Panco breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Peal and dice the potatoes, put them in a pan of salted boiling water, cook until softm then drain and mash.
- Meanwhile cook the salmon fillets in the oven for 15 mins at 200oC
- Once the salmon is cooked place it in a bowl and break it up into chunks with a fork, then stir in the mashed potato, parsley, lemon juice and season to taste.
- Shape into fishcakes.
- Put the flour, egg and breadcrumbs into 3 shallow dishes. Then dip each fishcake into the flour, followed by the egg and then finally the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a shall based frying pan and fry the fishcakes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with salad or vegetables.