Here's a few recipes and a couple of days diet plan to support you throughout the month....Good luck....
Smashed avocado on wholemeal toast drizzled with chilli oil
Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon
Salmon & Prawn Salad (spinach, watercress, Rocket) tomatoes, dressed in flax oil and lemon, salt and pepper
Chicken and Vegetable Broth (Covent Garden or Supermarkets do a great fresh version) with soya and linseed bread (found in most supermarkets)
Grilled Chicken with a pesto and oat crust. Served with Roasted vegetables in rosemary and garlic
Quinoa with Blackbean and cumin serve with crisp green salad with a drizzle of Balsamic vinegar
Please note that you must check all packaging for allergens and take care that you have made sure that these recipes do not contain allergens that can be harmful to those being served this food.
Bean dip with crudites (See recipe), banana with a handful of nuts, nut butter on sourdough crackers, oat cakes and hummus.
Diet plan courtesy of www.jaynewilsonnutrition.com
Bean Dip with Horseradish
This is an excellent dip to keep in the fridge and use for snacking.....
- 2 cans cooked white beans, drained (Navy, Cannellini, or Great Northern beans) OR 1 1/3 cups dried white beans, cooked until soft
- 1 tbsp white horseradish, prepared (without sugar, if available) or horseradish sauce.
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted in skin until soft
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/8 tbsp pepper
- Chopped parsley or chives as garnish
In a blender or food processor, puree the beans, horseradish, garlic cloves with skin removed, add 1 tbsp each lemon juice and olive oil, and salt and pepper. Make sure to blend long enough to yield a smooth, even, and buttery texture.
Using a spatula, spoon the dip out into a serving bowl. If mixture is thick, or just based on personal preference, swirl in the rest of the lemon juice and olive oil.
Smooth top using spatula, and garnish with chopped parsley or chives.
Serve chilled or room temperature.
(courtesy of www.pmscomfort.com)
Quinoa with Black beans and Cumin
This is fabulous, easy to batch cook and use through the week either as a pack up for lunch or a quick fast food dinner.... make it for 10 and eat during the week.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 100g (4 oz) quinoa
- 350ml (12 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 175g (6 oz) frozen sweetcorn
- 2 (400g) tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- handful chopped fresh coriander
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and sauté until lightly browned.
Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable stock. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to the boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes,
Stir frozen sweetcorn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through. Mix in the black beans and coriander.
(courtesy of www.allrecipes.co.uk)
Grilled Chicken with Pesto and Oat Crust served with roast vegetables
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1tbsp pesto (jar is fine)
- 2 tbsp whole oats (large porridge oats will be fine)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 med sweet potatoes - cut into wedges
- 1 courgette - cut into thumb size pieces
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 1 green pepper - cut into thumb size pieces
- 1 red pepper - cut into thumb size pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic
- small bunch of fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil or rapeseed oil for roasting
- Salt & pepper to taste
Place the vegetables in a deep dish roasting pan drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bash the garlic and place in the roasting tin, add three or 4 strands of rosemary make sure it is coated with oil
Place in the oven at 180 C for approx 45 mins
Then make the Pesto Chicken - add the chicken to the oven after 20-25 minutes
Pesto Crust - Blitz together the pesto, oats and oil until a rough breadcrumb texture. Add more pesto if you prefer more flavour.
Wipe the chicken breasts with kitchen roll to ensure they are dry, mould the pesto mixture onto the top of each breast and drizzle with a little oil.
Bake for 20 mins or until chicken cooked through. (180 C)
Courtesy of www.jaynewilsonnutrition.co.uk
If you have found any recipes that you love, please send them in we'd love to share with our community.