Homemade Salmon Goujons
2 fillets of wild Alaskan Salmon (preferable to farmed salmon)
Handful of jumbo rolled oats
1-2 slices of wholemeal bread - depending on size - (preferably stale)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the Salmon fillets into equal strips.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor place the oats and bread and blitz into breadcrumbs.
- Place breadcrumbs on a large plate.
- Dip goujons into the egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs until fully covered.
- Place on an oiled baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-18 mins or until salmon cooked through
Serve with Steamed Green Veg and homemade Baked Potato wedges
Easy Fish Pie
500-700g Maris Piper potatoes
2 salmon fillets
2 trout fillets
2 cod fillets
250ml creme fraiche
100g grated cheese
salt and pepper
handful of frozen petits pois
- Peel and boil the potatoes until soft. Drain the water away. Mash with the butter and milk. Set aside
- Steam the fish in a steamer for 5 mins
- In a large oven proof dish, place the fish and gently break into chunks and mix so there is an even spread of the fish.
- Pour over the creme fraiche and scatter the peas.
- Scoop the mash over the fish and scatter the cheese over the top. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 mins.
Serve with steamed broccoli/kale and green beans.